Monday, September 26, 2011

Nadiyah Browning: VARSITY Tennis Player


Nadiyah Browning is the only eighth grade tennis player who made it on the varsity tennis team this year. Her hard work and dedication got her to where she is today. We met up with Nadiyah to ask her a few questions.

________________________________________________________
Q: Does it feel weird being on a team with all upper school?
A: Some people might think that it’s socially awkard but all the girls on the team make an effort to include me in the drills and the exercises...they are actually all really cool.

Q: What’s a typical night (homework wise) for you?
A: It’s pretty hard to balance out my work and my play because we practice from 3:45 to 6:00 and sometimes I have tennis outside of school, so I’m up pretty late every night. I usually go to bed around 11:00 nowadays.

Q: How do you think you got to where are today?
A: I spend a lot of time practicing each day. I was at the tennis courts every day this summer and it took hard work, training, and dedication towards my tennis.

Q: Do you have a sponsor yet? If so, who is it? If not, who would you want it to be?
A: I don’t have a sponsor yet, but if I could I would probably choose adidas.

Q: Are there any other sports beside tennis that you like to play?
A: Tennis is my main sport so its what I focus on.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Go Nadiyah!! I'm impressed with your accomplishment! I also noticed online that you finished 3rd in a National Tennis tournament in Atlanta, way to go! You are a very impressive young lady and I wish you much more success in the future!

    ReplyDelete